SSO has a 1-year vacancy (season 17/18) available as 2. Clarinet with Bass Clarinet and a duty to 1. Clarinet
The Stavanger Symphony Orchestra (SSO) has become one of Scandinavia’s most successful orchestras. The orchestra has experienced significant artistic development in recent years together with an increase in audience numbers, both in Norway and abroad. The new internationally acclaimed concert hall, from 2012, has contributed to SSO’s further growth.
The Chief Conductor is Christian Vasquez from Venezuela.
Applications should be sent by e-mail to Bjørn Pettersen (firstname.lastname@example.org) with CV and video recording. Applications are due Monday 30th of January.
The video recording should be in one take. Please see the list of excerpts below – 6 of the excerpts, marked with R, are for your recording. The recording does not need to be of a technically professional quality. Please attach in MP3 format or include a link to YouTube or Dropbox.
Qualified applicants will be invited to audition on Saturday 11th of March
in the Stavanger Concert Hall.
Invitations will be sent by the 6th of February.
Fee is up to NOK 597 233 pr. year (with 16 years seniority).
Mozart Clarinet Concerto, 1st and 2nd movements + all orchestra excerpts.
List of excerpts
6 excerpts for recording are marked by “R” (no Mozart Concerto).
1. R Nielsen: Symphony no. 5: excerpts from 1st mvt. (1. Clarinet in B)
2. R Beethoven: Symphony no. 8: excerpts from 1st mvt. + 3.mvt TRIO (1. Clarinet in Bb)
3. R Mendelssohn: Symphony no. 4: 4th mvt. bars 13 – 30 (2. Clarinet in A)
4. R Brahms: Symphony no. 3: 2nd mvt., beginning – 2 bars before B (1. Clarinet in Bb)
5. Dvorak: Cello Concerto: 2nd mvt., 7 bars before 3 to 8 bars after 3 (2. Clarinet in A)
6. Smetana: Vltava: 20 bars before A – A (2. Clarinet in C)
7. Svendsen: Carnival in Paris: bar 5 – letter A (2. C larinet in A)
8. R Shostakovitch: Violin Concerto: excerpts from 1st & 2nd mvts. (in Bb)
9. R Franck: Symphony in d-minor: excerpts from 2nd mvt. (in Bb)
10. Hindemith: Symphonic Metamorphosis: several excerpts from 1st mvt. (in Bb) (2 pages)
11. Rachmaninoff: Symphonic dances: excerpt (in A)
12. Tchaikovsky: Nutcracker Ballet: excerpts from Scéne Dansante, Trepak & Pas de deux (in Bb)
13. Verdi: Aida act 4: Duet “Amneris e Radames” excerpt (in Bb)
Orchestra excerpts may be downloaded here