We have 2 open positions for tutti viola.
Applications are due on October 25th with auditions in December, in Stavanger, Copenhagen and Amsterdam.
The Stavanger Symphony Orchestra (SSO) has become one of Scandinavia’s most successful orchestras. The orchestra has experienced significant artistic development in recent years together with an increase in audience numbers, both in Norway and abroad. The new internationally acclaimed concert hall, from 2012, has contributed to SSO’s further growth.
The Chief Conductor is Christian Vasquez from Venezuela.
Audition date: Stavanger, Saturday from 10:00, 3. December 2016, Amsterdam 5 + 6. December 2016 and Copenhagen, 11:00-15:00, 7. December 2016.
Apply to Bjørn Pettersen, with CV and recording, by 25. October 2016.
A digital audio or video recording of approx. 5 min. from the audition program (concerto or orchestra excerpts) should be attached to your application. This does not need to be of a technically professional quality. Attach in MP3 format or link to YouTube or Dropbox.
Applicants will be invited to the audition following evaluation of CV and recording.
The invitations will be sent to qualified applicants by the 1. November 2016.
Fee is up to NOK 567.081 pr. year (with 16 years seniority).
STAMITZ or HOFFMEISTER: Viola Concerto, 1st and 2nd movements w/cadenzas and
WALTON or BARTOK: Viola Concerto 1st movement or HINDEMITH: Der Schwanendreher 1st movement
1. Bach: Kantate BWV 199: No. 5 Choral
2. Bartok: Concerto for Orchestra, bars 300 – 317
3. Brahms: Piano Concerto no. 1, 1. mvt.: bars 255 – 277 + 3. mvt.: 246 – 263
4. Grieg: Peer Gynt, Morgenstemning: from A to 7 bars after E
5. Mahler: Symphony no. 10, excerpt
6. Mendelssohn: Midsummer Night’s Dream, Scherzo – excerpt
7. Mozart: Sym. no. 40: complete symphony
8. Strauss: Don Juan: beginning to 9 bars after B
9. Tchaikovsky: Symphony no. 6, 1. mvt.: bars 19 – 62 (both divisi parts)
10. Beethoven: Symphony no. 5, complete 2. movement