We have open positions tutti violin, applications due october 25th with auditions in december, both in Stavanger, Copenhagen and Amsterdam.
The Stavanger Symphony Orchestra (SSO) has become one of Scandinavia’s most successful orchestras. The orchestra has experienced significant artistic development in recent years together with an increase in audience numbers, both in Norway and abroad. The new internationally acclaimed concert hall, from 2012, has contributed to SSO’s further growth.
The Chief Conductor is Christian Vasquez from Venezuela.
Audition date: Stavanger, from 10:00, Friday 2. December 2016, Amsterdam 5 + 6. December 2016 and Copenhagen 11:00-15:00, 7. December 2016.
Apply to Bjørn Pettersen, with CV and recording, by 25. October 2016.
A digital audio or video recording of approx. 5 min. from the audition program (concerto or orchestra excerpts) should be attached to your application. This does not need to be of a technically professional quality. Attach in MP3 format or link to YouTube or Dropbox.
Applicants will be invited to the audition following evaluation of CV and recording.
The invitations will be sent to qualified applicants by the 1. November 2016.
Fee is up to NOK 567.081 pr. year (with 16 years seniority).
1st movement and 2nd movement, with cadenza, of any Mozart Violin Concerto +
1st movement of a Violin Concerto by Beethoven, Brahms, Tchaikovsky, Sibelius or Mendelssohn – with cadenza
Orchestra excerpts (all 1st Violin):
1. Brahms: Symphony no. 3, 1st movement, beginning to first note of B.
2. Grieg: Peer Gynt Suite no. 1, Anitra’s Dance.
3. Mahler: Adagietto from Symphony nr. 5, upbeat to 2 to one bar after 3.
4. Mahler: Symphony no. 10, 1st movement, 20 to 22.
5. Mendelssohn: Symphony no. 4, 1st movement, beginning to bar 86.
6. Mozart: Symphony no. 39, 4th movement, beginning to 1st repeat.
7. Prokofiev: Symphony no. 1, 1st movement, beginning to G.P. before H.
8. Schumann: Symphony no. 2, Scherzo, beginning to bar 52.
9. Strauss: Don Juan, beginning to 13 bars after C.